Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One sketch 2 ways

Hi friends!  Happy (almost) New Year to you all in the US!!!  It has been a little quiet on my blog here with all the Christmas busyness and then traveling to my sisters house to celebrate Christmas with them after Christmas, made for little time in my craft room.  Then when I did have time my Mojo had left the house.  UGH!!!  I think it is slowly coming back though. 

Yesterday Maureen posted a new CAS sketch on StampNation. She shared 2 ways to use the sketch using the same stamp set.  I am always inspired by Maureen and her cards/sketches.  This sketch was no exception.  Here are my two cards using the same sketch.



I received this Santa stamp from SU! recently.  I needed to ink it up and this sketch worked perfectly for it.  I surely hope my Mojo is here to stay!

Thank you so much for visiting and have a very Happy New Year!

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Stamps:  Santa's list, Ornament banner builder (MFT)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles dies (Lil' Inkers)

11 comments:

  1. Lovely couple of cards, Kristie. I too bought this stamp but was too late to use him on this year's cards. He'll definitely be making an appearance next year, you can't beat a lovely, traditional Santa! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous, and it is so interesting to see how you rotated the sketch. I cannot think of you without MOJO--not sure I believe you when you said it was gone. I always leave your blog inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Awesome Kristie! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent examples, Kristie! I love both cards, both ways!! I'm glad that you are feeling the mojo coming back. It's been great to get to know you better this year and I wish you all the best in the new year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamped both ways ....the Santa looks good stamped in red. I see lots of Mojo.
    Sounds like a nice Christmas. Happy New Year to you Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job interpreting the sketch both ways, Kristie! It appears as if your mojo is back in full force! I know what you mean about it taking a vacation and am happy to say that the New Year seems to have brought both of our mojos back. Love the stamp, too! Happy New Year, Sweetie! Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go in two directions, Krisite! That bit of stripe is perfect and what a sweet Santa. Happy New Year to you too! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, both ways! I love that stamp and you've made him CAS perfectly!! Happy New Year, Kristie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply fabulous! I love that Santa and you totally made him rock both of your cards. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABSOLUTELY wonderful Kristie!!!! Love this, and inspiring!!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly Krisite...your mojo could travel half way around the world and you would still have no problem creating amazing cards!!! Like these two jolly old St. Nick cards....Santa is looking happy as ever as he checks his list! I like how you have kept the rest of the card elements nice and simple so as not to detract from his important task :) Love the stitched mats!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Thank you!

Hugs,
Kristie