Saturday, February 23, 2013

Masculine card

Hi friends.  I am popping in again this afternoon for my second post.  It is a snowy, cold Saturday here so I have spent some time in my craft room creating. 


I always forget to stamp on my DSP so I wanted to incorporate that into my masculine card this time.  I also wanted the strip under the main panel to be stamped directly on the cardstock base but it didn't work out that way the first time stamping.   Then I tried lining it up again with my stamp-a-ma-jig and that didn't work either.  UGH!!   It was actually a pretty easy boo boo to fix up, as you can see.  Not the original look I was going for but it works.

 


"Less is More" week 108: Paper Piercing
Addicted to CAS:  Masculine

Thanks again for visiting and have a great day!

Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake & DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso
Stamps:  Vintage Labels, Plane & Simple
Accessories:  Paper piercing tool and mat pack

17 comments:

  1. Perfect masculine card. I too forget about stamping on pattern paper - this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Kristie, gorgeous card for a man, very elegant, i like the colours.
    Hugs from Palma de Malloca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image. These colors are just perfect for a guy too. I love how you've got some piercings in the corner; it just adds so much. Great card, Kristie. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks terrific, super for a chap!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card kristie love the plane stamp

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristie. Love that plane image ... and with the neutral colors your card has a vintage feel. Great idea to stamp on DP ... I never think to do that either. Now I'm going to have to go right to my studio and give it a try! :) Love the way you worked out your stamping boo boo to create a fabulous banner - so clever! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have created the perfect guy card, kristie!! i'm impressed by how you fixed your "boo-boo"... so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this card and I like how you have stamped on your DP - great idea. Love the stamp and the neutral tones - very masculine! Just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stamping on DP and I love your masculine card! Shhh I voted for your green card, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super card! Love how you stamped on the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my ,I really really like this and is the perfect male card ! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent job here, Kristie! You always do masculine cards so well and I need to take inspiration from you when I have trouble (which is every time I try to do masculine). LOVE how you stamped directly on the dsp, and your boo-boo fix is genius! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love masculine cards and love how you designed this one. I like when you can fix a boo boo and no one can tell...unless we do in telling the story of the card that gives it personality;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card , love those stamps ! Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated. Thank you!

Hugs,
Kristie